Welcome to Cyrus 21 Century website
How To Choose A Safe And Successful Weight Loss Program?
If you have been struggling to lose those extra pounds for a while now, it is best to re-evaluate your current diet or look for a safe and effective weight loss program. Fad diets can help you lose a whole lot of weight in record time, but the side-effects can be dangerous. Identifying a successful weight loss program that is sustainable and will help you maintain an optimum body weight over the years is not easy; you need to consider many factors before choosing one.
Tips To Choose A Successful Weight Loss Program That Is Safe For Your Body:
Get Expert Help: The best way to get started is by reaching out to a professional dietician or healthcare expert. Prior to a visit to his clinic, you can make a list of key questions like:
- Ways to tweak your eating habits to reach am optimum body weight
- The kind of physical activities that can help you achieve this
- Whether you should consult a weight-loss specialist or enroll into a weight-loss program
To get your queries resolved, it is advisable to jot down the questions before you meet the healthcare professional, making a note of all the supplements or medications you take, and the diets you have opted for in the past.
Question The Healthcare Expert: Your job is to identify the right BMI for you, whether weight loss can improve your existing health conditions or medical issues, whether any medications are causing weight gain or affecting your ability to shed weight, and if any specific physical activity or diet plan can help.
Guidelines For Choosing A Weight Loss Program:
To maintain an optimum body weight you have to focus on your lifestyle habits; so, any successful and safe weight-loss program must include:
- Lifestyle counseling/behavioral treatment where you learn how to inculcate and sustain healthy lifestyle changes, like keeping food journals
- Continuous feedback and support during the program through online chats or phone calls
- Resources on how to get more sleep, handle stress, and disadvantages of taking weight loss pills
- Slow but steady weight loss goals, about a couple of pounds in a week
- Plan on how to keep the extra pounds off, including self-monitoring through journals, counseling supports and goal-setting.
- Medical supervision in case you have opted for a very low-calorie diet for quick weight loss
Things To Remember When Choosing A Program: You will find several weight-loss programs offered online and via apps. Never choose a program that guarantees weight loss minus diet and exercise, a plan that lets you eat all your favorite foods, that claims to help you lose 30 pounds in a month, or that promises weight loss in only specific body areas.
Understand The Program: Getting familiar with the weight-loss plan is important; so make sure you know whether the program caters to group sessions or one-on-one counseling, follows a particular meal plan, requires purchase of special products like supplements and drugs, follows a specific workout regimen or offers instructions only, and teaches you ways to make healthy lifestyle changes. Make sure to check for the credentials of the staff and program supervisor. Learn about possible risks of following such a diet plan and if the supplements or drugs recommended can harm you. Finally, inquire about its costs, hidden fees, and how effective it has proved to be so far.